SI's, ASI's, and Bulletins
Rapid document creation is at the center of the Part3 platform. In this article, we'll show you how to create SI's, which can be used as Bulletins, Site instructions, and ASI's.
i. Introducing Bulletins (a Video)
Here is a short video announcement for Bulletins that may answer some questions:
Didn't answer your question? Keep reading:
1. Before you start creating SI's or Bulletins
Part3 will create your cover pages faster than ever before, to be able to do so you need to set up a few settings:
- Set up your team and make sure the GC and Owner information is populated. This will be displayed on cover pages (see Project Team Setup for more info)
- Set up your stamps and architect seal to be able to apply them to documents (see Stamping Documents for more info)
- Set up your company Logo and, if needed, the logos of your participating consultants
- Set up your legal disclaimer text to be displayed on each document you produce (see Legal Disclaimers for more info)
2. Creating a SI
Click the create document (
+) button in the top right of your screen:
Complete the quick form to get the document into your logs. Any assigned consultants will be notified and can begin collaborating as soon as it's created:
With the document now open, each consultant (if applicable) can start adding context and collaborating:
Building Blocks to assemble the document by clicking the
- The Attachment block can be used with flexibility, use it to attach supporting artifacts, images, or emails.
- The Drawing block is for architectural drawings, visible below.
Hint: Every building block will be included in the final document which can be shared and downloaded as a PDF. If you wish to upload a file for your team to see that is not part of that final document, use the "Files" tab at the bottom of the page
Review the Cover Page as it is assembled:
- Document Number: The document number you input when you created the document
- To: Changes are addressed to the GC, with this data taken from your project team member assigned the GC role
- Document Reason Code: The reason code you selected when creating the document
- Disclaimer: Your custom legal disclaimer (See Legal Disclaimers for more info)
- Document Description: The description you entered when creating the document
- Distribution list: The involved team members will receive this document once it has been issued
Request signatures and Issue documents.
For more info on digital signatures and approvals, see Reviewers & eSignatures)
- Once issued the document is distributed to each team member on the distribution list
An issued document is final and cannot be edited. If you need to create a revision or convert the document into a Change Order, click the
As always, if you have any questions or see an issue with this document, please contact us at email@example.com